East Gippsland Art Gallery
- East Gippsland Art Gallery is the focus point for visual arts in East Gippsland.
- The Gallery showcases an average of 20 exhibitions per year.
- Exhibitions range across all art forms and media and feature local artists as well as artists from intrastate, interstate and abroad.
- Point of information for a broad range of activites and the region's arts community, galleries and craft outlets.
- Available for individual or community group hire.
- East Gippsland Art Gallery is principally funded by East Gippsland Shire Council and supported by the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria.
- East Gippsland Art Gallery exists to promote, stimulate and develop arts and culture in the East Gippsland Shire through a program of high quality, innovative and accessible exhibitions and activities.
East Gippsland Art Gallery STRIVES to bring A BOLD arts and culture program TO EAST GIPPSLAND. We invite you to join the Gallery’s circle of supporters and contribute towards THIS GOAL by making a donation to East Gippsland Art Gallery today.
Fri 6 Nov–Tue 1 Dec
Nagle College Senior students 2015 Fresh Art V
Fri 04 Dec–Tue 22 Dec
Fine Art for Fine Presents
Fine Art for Fine Presents includes sculpture, ceramics, photography, painting, furniture, textiles, glass, prints, jewellery and artist books.
Thu 1 Oct–Tue 3 Nov
The Ripped Off Archie! Portrait Show
East Gippsland's own portraits of people renown - or not!
Martin Shaw Three well-known Australians
Art and Life in Cuba
Mary Ann Olding talking about life in Cuba and the cartoons in the exhibition – Coffee and cakes provided.
East Gippsland Art Gallery's Award for Artist Books
“revolutionise the form of the book”
East Gippsland On Show is calling for entries in Arts Focus 2016. Arts Focus 2016 will highlight the works by our talented East Gippsland artists with a focus on prints, drawings and ceramics. Applications will be accepted between 1-11 March 2016.
East Gippsland’s own portraits of people renown – or not!
East Gippsland Art Gallery is pleased to announce the winner of the Ripped Off Archie! Portrait Show People's Choice Award Bairnsdale artist Rhonda Gray for Noel.
The winner of the 2014 Award was Kerrin O’Sullivan, Melbourne, for Post-Partum.
Volunteering at East Gippsland Art Gallery
Volunteers are the backbone of East Gippsland Art Gallery
Entry is FREE
Address: 2 Nicholson Street Bairnsdale Victoria 3875
Phone: +61 3 5153 1988
Email: click here
Make your first stop the Gallery Shop for gifts for all occasions.
The Gallery Shop is a boutique showcase of items created by East Gippsland artists.