Exhibition Gallery and Arts Resource Centre
- The focal point for the visual arts in East Gippsland.
- Vibrant public gallery showing an average of 22 exhibitions a year.
- Exhibitions range across all art forms and media and feature local artists as well as artists from intrastate, interstate, national and international.
- Staff and volunteers provide a broad range of information about the region's arts community, galleries and craft outlets.
- Available for individual or community group hire.
- EGAG is principally funded by the East Gippsland Shire Council with support from Arts Victoria.
- The EGAG exists to promote, stimulate and develop arts and culture in the East Gippsland Shire through a program of high quality, innovative and accessible exhibitions and activities.
Toyed and True
September 29–October 18
Shrine of Rememberance Exhibition
Australia Will Be There: Victorians in the First World War (1914–1919)
October 23–December 2
Poetry of the Land
August 29–September 23
Digressions, detours and side tracks - eclectic contributions to a traveling Journal
ARTIST FLOOR TALK
10.30am – 11.30am Saturday 10 May
continue the conversation with the artists while enjoying coffee & cake
Mad Hatter’s arTea Party Children’s Activity Day
3 May 2014
1st Session 10am – 11am Kindergarten children
2nd Session 11.30am – 12.30am 9 – 11 year old
Free Family Day at EGAG
Saturday 29 March 2014 between 10am & 2pm
Volunteers orientation day
4pm, Wednesday 12 March 2014
EGAG’s Award for ARTIST BOOKS
“revolutionise the form of the book”Next award & exhibition August 2016
Australian writers are invited to enter a short story, written in any style for the first prize of $1000.
now open - read more & entry form
Learn to photograph your artwork for exhibition entry
Saturday 4 October
How to make and perform with hand puppets
Saturday 4 October 2014 9.30am – 4pm
Demonstration by accomplished British artist in palette knife oil painting technique – Saturday 14 December 2013
Washi Naïve art workshop - Saturday 18 January 2014
with Linden Dean
Artist book workshop with Dineke McLean
Gallery hours: Tuesday–Friday 10am–4pm
Entry is Free
Address: 2 Nicholson Street Bairnsdale Victoria 3875
Phone: 5153 1988
Fax: 5153 1026
Email: click here
Make your first stop the Gallery shop for Christmas gifts.
The Gallery Shop is a boutique showcase of quality items created by Gippsland artists.