- East Gippsland Art Gallery is the focus point for visual arts in East Gippsland.
- The Gallery showcases an average of 20 exhibitions per year.
- Exhibitions range across all art forms and media and feature local artists as well as artists from intrastate, interstate and abroad.
- Point of information for a broad range of activites and the region's arts community, galleries and craft outlets.
- Available for individual or community group hire.
- East Gippsland Art Gallery is principally funded by East Gippsland Shire Council and supported by the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria.
- East Gippsland Art Gallery exists to promote, stimulate and develop arts and culture in the East Gippsland Shire through a program of high quality, innovative and accessible exhibitions and activities.
East Gippsland Art Gallery STRIVES to bring A BOLD arts and culture program TO EAST GIPPSLAND. We invite you to join the Gallery’s circle of supporters and contribute towards THIS GOAL by making a donation to East Gippsland Art Gallery today.
4 Feb–5 Mar
Mountains and Water
4 Feb-5 Mar
Caroline Crunden and
The Space Between Us
10 Mar–9 Apr
Postcards from East Gippsland
5 Jan–23 Jan
Celebrating the artistic spirit of East Gippsland
Come and Play - All of May
A celebration of the Arts of Gippsland. With master classes, workshops, artist talks and demonstrations.
NGV Kids on Tour 2016
19 January - 21 January 2015 | FREE in-gallery activities
Art and Life in Cuba
Mary Ann Olding talking about life in Cuba and the cartoons in the exhibition – Coffee and cakes provided.
Autumn at East Gippsland Art Gallery celebrates our landscape and the people who live here with some great exhibitions. Be excited, be inspired and be challenged. Become involved.
Winner of 22nd national East Gippsland Shire Council Hal Porter Short Story Competition 2015 announced
The winner of the $1000 prize for the 22nd national East Gippsland Shire Council Hal Porter Short Story competition is Melbourne writer Amanda Wilson for her short story titled
Mr and Mrs Hopper, Room Eighteen.
East Gippsland Art Gallery's Award for Artist Books
“revolutionise the form of the book”
Postcards from East Gippsland
10 March – 9 April 2016
Hello! Postcards from East Gippsland is a celebration of East Gippsland’s natural environment, the Gippsland Lakes, the High Country, the Alpine areas and the Coastal Wilderness and the spirit of the East Gippsland community.
Local artists, children, students and current or past visitors to the region are invited to create postcards of their impressions of East Gippsland.
14 April - 14 May 2016
East Gippsland On Show is calling for entries in Arts Focus 2016. Arts Focus 2016 will highlight the works by our talented East Gippsland artists with a focus on prints, drawings and ceramics. Applications will be accepted between 1-11 March 2016.
1 Oct - 3 Nov 2015
East Gippsland’s own portraits of people renown – or not!
East Gippsland Art Gallery is pleased to announce the winner of the Ripped Off Archie! Portrait Show People's Choice Award Bairnsdale artist Rhonda Gray for Noel.
Volunteering at East Gippsland Art Gallery
Volunteers are the backbone of East Gippsland Art Gallery
Entry is FREE
Address: 2 Nicholson Street Bairnsdale Victoria 3875
Phone: +61 3 5153 1988
Email: click here
Make your first stop the Gallery Shop for gifts for all occasions.
The Gallery Shop is a boutique showcase of items created by East Gippsland artists.