East Gippsland Art Gallery
- East Gippsland Art Gallery is the focus point for visual arts in East Gippsland.
- The Gallery showcases an average of 20 exhibitions peryear.
- Exhibitions range across all art forms and media and feature local artists as well as artists from intrastate, interstate and abroad.
- Point of information for a broad range of activites and the region's arts community, galleries and craft outlets.
- Available for individual or community group hire.
- East Gippsland Art Gallery is principally funded by East Gippsland Shire Council and supported by the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria.
- EGAG exists to promote, stimulate and develop arts and culture in the East Gippsland Shire through a program of high quality, innovative and accessible exhibitions and activities.
East Gippsland Art Gallery STRIVES to bring A BOLD arts and culture program TO EAST GIPPSLAND. We invite you to join the Gallery’s circle of supporters and contribute towards THIS GOAL by making a donation to East Gippsland Art Gallery today.
Fri 28 Aug–Tue 29 Sep
Pat Waters Face to Face with Asylum Seekers III
Robert Logie Before Gallipoli, before Eureka: The Gippsland Massacres
Fri 2 Oct–Tue 3 Nov
Ripped Off Archie! East Gippsland's own portraits of people renown - or not!
Martin Shaw Three well-known Australians
Cartoons from Cuba
Fri 31 July–Tue 25 August
Orlando Piedra and Ramsés Morales Izquierdo
Art and Life in Cuba
Mary Ann Olding talking about life in Cuba and the cartoons in the exhibition – Coffee and cakes provided.
East Gippsland Art Gallery's Award for Artist Books
“revolutionise the form of the book”
...and the winner of the $1,000 2014 Award is Kerrin O’Sullivan, Melbourne for Post-Partum
Volunteering at East Gippsland Art Gallery
Entry is FREE
Address: 2 Nicholson Street Bairnsdale Victoria 3875
Phone: +61 3 5153 1988
Email: click here
Make your first stop the Gallery Shop for gifts for all occasions.
The Gallery Shop is a boutique showcase of items created by East Gippsland artists.