Exhibition Gallery and Arts Resource Centre
- The focal point for the visual arts in East Gippsland.
- Vibrant public gallery showing an average of 22 exhibitions a year.
- Exhibitions range across all art forms and media and feature local artists as well as artists from intrastate, interstate, national and international.
- Staff and volunteers provide a broad range of information about the region's arts community, galleries and craft outlets.
- Available for individual or community group hire.
- EGAG is principally funded by the East Gippsland Shire Council with support from Arts Victoria.
- The EGAG exists to promote, stimulate and develop arts and culture in the East Gippsland Shire through a program of high quality, innovative and accessible exhibitions and activities.
Poetry of the Land
August 29–September 23
Toyed and True
September 29–October 21
Paper Arts Gippsland East members’ exhibition
01 August - 26 August
Digressions, detours and side tracks - eclectic contributions to a traveling Journal
ARTIST FLOOR TALK
10.30am – 11.30am Saturday 10 May
continue the conversation with the artists while enjoying coffee & cake
Mad Hatter’s arTea Party Children’s Activity Day
3 May 2014
1st Session 10am – 11am Kindergarten children
2nd Session 11.30am – 12.30am 9 – 11 year old
Free Family Day at EGAG
Saturday 29 March 2014 between 10am & 2pm
Volunteers orientation day
4pm, Wednesday 12 March 2014
Receptionist / Administrative Officer EGAG
Applications close Friday, 19 September 2014
EGAG’s Award for ARTIST BOOKS
“revolutionise the form of the book”Next award & exhibition August 2016
Toyed and True 26 Sept - 21 Oct is about handmade toys. Entry form & details...read more
Australian writers are invited to enter a short story, written in any style for the first prize of $1000.
now open - read more & entry form
Learn to photograph your artwork for exhibition entry
Saturday 4 October
Demonstration by accomplished British artist in palette knife oil painting technique – Saturday 14 December 2013
Washi Naïve art workshop - Saturday 18 January 2014
with Linden Dean
Artist book workshop with Dineke McLean
Gallery hours: Tuesday–Friday 10am–4pm
Entry is Free
Address: 2 Nicholson Street Bairnsdale Victoria 3875
Phone: 5153 1988
Fax: 5153 1026
Email: click here
Make your first stop the Gallery shop for Christmas gifts.
The Gallery Shop is a boutique showcase of quality items created by Gippsland artists.